Harlem Shopping Survey Analysis

I think I did myself a disservice by not promoting my survey more. I did the basic Facebook/Twitter plugs once I created my survey, but I didn’t really follow through afterwards. I also feel like I should have reached out to more organizations, like the Harlem Business Alliance, for help getting some responses. Only one person took my survey, and I know that is not nearly enough to draw conclusions from.

The person can’t speak for the shopping habits of all Harlemites, but I did get a nice response in the “Anything else you want to add?” section. “Shopping in Harlem isn’t too bad,” the person wrote, “It’s just that there are about two stores that I actually like in the area.” This statement kind of reversed my preconceived notion that Harlemites don’t like shopping in Harlem, but it did back up the fact that many of them feel Harlem’s shopping scene isn’t up to par. Again, I don’t want to analyze this too much, because it is the only response to my survey and can’t be used to represent other people.

In retrospect, I would promote my survey more than once or twice and personally reach out to all of the people I know who live in Harlem. I didn’t use all my resources and it showed.